Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for meritorious students from minority communities. The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
The welfare of Minorities announced post-matric scholarships to the students of minority communities who are economically weak and need scholarships for studies every year. Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level including Polytechnics and other courses.
Post Matric Scholarship For Minorities Highlights
Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme
Class / Course
Class 11, Class 12, Undergraduates, Graduate
School, Under Graduate, Graduate
Up to ₹ 10,000 as admission and tuition fee, ₹ 1,200 per month for
17 - 30 Years
Should belong to the minority community (Muslim, Sikh, Christian,
Buddhist, Jain, and Zoroastrian/Parsi).
The objective of Post Matric Scholarship For Minorities
The objective of the scheme is to award Post Matric scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority communities so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
The scheme is being implemented/funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs through the States/UT’s Administration. The Post Matric Scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
Minority Post Matric Scholarship Details
Post Matric Scholarship
of Post Matric Scholarships
XI & XII,
UG & PG Level Courses
Rs.7000 per annum for Class XI & XII
b. Rs.10000 per annum for Class XI & XII technical and vocational courses
c. Rs.3,000 for UG & PG level Courses
not be above 2 Lakh
awardee will be paid a scholarship through DBT mode on annual basis.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship For Minorities
1. The post-matric scholarship is available for the students of classes XI and XII. All the students of classes 11 and 12 who belong to minority communities can apply for the post-matric scholarship.
2. Scholarships are provided to students from minority communities for pursuing professional and technical courses at the undergraduate level and post-graduate levels in institutions recognized by an appropriate authority.
3. Annual income of Parents /guardians should be less than 2.5 lakh.
4. Students should secure a minimum of 50% marks in the last examination.
5. Students belonging to Muslim/ Christian/Sikh/ Buddhist/ Jain / Parsi are eligible.
6. Both Day scholars and hostellers are eligible to apply
7. Eligible students may apply by submitting a scholarship application online from its official portal website https://scholarships.gov.in.
Candidates need the following documents to apply for the Minority scholarship
1. Self-attested certificate of Previous class Mark Sheet and study certificate are required
2. An income and Caste certificate is required
3. A community certificate is required.
4. Aadhar Card
5. Student Photo and Institution verification form
6. Fee receipt of current course year
How to Apply for Post-Matric Scholarship
Here are the step-by-step guidelines to apply for the program-
1. Click here to visit the official page of the scholarship
2. From the Central Schemes tab, select Ministry of Minority Affairs
3. Click on the Apply button right next to Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
4. Register as a new user
5. Give bank details such as Bank Name, IFS Code and Account Number)
6. Provide a mobile number for OTP and verification.
7. Login using OTP and Start filling out the application form with all the personal and academic details.
8. You will receive an Application ID and Password. Use that for future reference.
Know About More Scholarships Here