National Assessment and Accreditation Council is a full form of (NAAC). National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) is a government organisation in India that assesses and accredits Higher Education Institutions. NAAC grades help students decide on the best institutions for higher education.
As a result, colleges continually strive to gain the top NAAC ranking by implementing the most innovative approaches. NAAC Accreditation can be defined as a measure to evaluate & then guarantee an education standard provided in higher institutions across the country.
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) was established by the UGC in September 1994 in Bangalore for evaluating the performance of the Universities and Colleges in the Country. NAAC's mandate includes the task of performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation of universities and colleges in the country.
Purpose of NAAC Accreditation
There are many benefits of accreditation. Through it, students, their parents, institutions themselves, and employers are protected by ensuring that educational programs are of a high standard. There are other benefits also. The institution gets to know its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities during the process, areas of planning and resource allocation are identified, and many funding agencies open their doors for performance-based funding for such institutions.
The primary purpose of starting NAAC and accrediting HEIs is to evaluate colleges’ quality of education, infrastructure, teaching, research, and learning. NAAC-accredited institutes get the top grades (A++, A+, A), comply with the standards, and receive maximum enrollment applications from students. NAAC accreditation expands placement opportunities for students.
Benefits of NAAC Accreditation
1. During these 5 years, the colleges work on their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to explore new opportunities for improvement.
2. The institutes start focusing on the allocation of resources and planning to chart our ways to grow.
3. Since it is awarded for a short time and there is always a risk of losing it or achieving better grades, the institutes explore a new direction of success to maintain their reputation in the long run.
4. In the tech-enabled world, smart and effective models of delivering education can be the best leading way. They implement modern and innovative educational methods to experiment and achieve.
5. Throughout the journey, the institutes try to implement workable techniques and improve their inter-and intra-institutional communication to bridge the gap.
6. The better the amenities, the more the ranking. The more the ranking, the higher the recruitment rate of students. Thus, it ensures the consistency of quality education.
Read More: University Grant Commission (UGC) University And Higher Education